The mentoring scheme is part of UAL's portfolio of services which help our students and graduates embark on their professional futures in the creative industries, find jobs, set up a businesses, and sell their work. The scheme matches students with experienced professionals to gain one-to-one careers advice, support and guidance over a 6-month period.
Objectives of the mentoring scheme
- To encourage and support you to focus on your future career plans and formulate career aspirations
- To help you to think about your career opportunities when you first graduate from UAL
- To provide an opportunity for you to build professional networks and build relationships by interacting with the workplace and benefiting from the knowledge and skills of a mentor
- To create an opportunity to build and develop your employability skills and enhance your personal and social competencies.
The benefits of mentoring
- By the end of the six months you should have greater career focus and be more decisive about your future career plans
- You should have an increased awareness of career opportunitie
- Your skills should have developed (including professional, personal and social competences) by building professional networks
- Your level of confiden
Who can apply?
The mentoring scheme is open to final year students at UAL (undergraduate and postgraduate) who would benefit from career insight, guidance and support. This scheme is part of a Careers and Employability programme aiming to promote equality on grounds of ethnicity, disability and social class. We particularly welcome applications from disabled students, students who are from Black, Asian and Minority ethnic backgrounds, and those who are 'first generation' entrants into higher education.
Key dates and application process
Applications are now closed.
- Please note selection for the programme is competitive and candidates are selected based on need.
- If you are selected for the programme you will be invited to attend a 2 hour training session.
- You will also be expected to attend the official launch event in November 2016, where you will be introduced to your mentor.