Exhibitions: Histories, Practices
The research focus of this group considers exhibitions and curating, inside and outside the museum and the gallery space, as a way to examine the validity of claims these practices make for contemporary art and as a means to analyse their effects, historically and in the present.
Group convenor:Dr Lucy Steeds
Recent activities & outputs
- Tara McDowell: ‘Pure Information: Conceptual Art at the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design’, Tuesday 26 May 2015.
- Research presentations on Exhibition Studies, 24 March 2015.
- Hammad Nasar - Navigating the Afterlife of 'The Other Story', 14 April 2015
- Bojana Piškur: ‘Museum of the Workers’ Feb 2015
- Anthony Yung: ‘Asia Art Archive and Exhibitions in Mainland China 1979 to 1999′, 2014.
Related links & resources
- Digital Exhibition Histories: 'The Other Story' Online
- Helmut Draxler on 'Services', 2014 (Video)
- Clémentine Deliss on 'Seven Stories About Modern Art in Africa', 2014 (Video)
- Tate Film: 'Magiciens de la Terre' Reconsidered, 2014 (Video)
- 'an Exhibit' symposium 2014 (video)
- Ruth Noack talk, 2013 (video).
- Guy Brett talk, 2013 (video).
- 'Artist as Curator: Collaborative Practices' symposium, 2013 (video summary).
- Lucy Lippard talk, 2013 (video).
- Ute Meta Bauer talk, 2013 (video).
- 'Artist as Curator' symposium, 2012 (various videos online.)
- 'Art and the Social: Exhibitions of Contemporary Art in the 1990s' symposium, 2010 (audio-visual documentation online).
- 'Exhibitions and the World at Large' symposium, 2009 (audio recordings available online)