Level 2 Award and Diploma in Performing & Production Arts
The Level 2 Diploma in Performing & Production Arts provides a full-time introduction to performance, production and design for the Performing Arts that give students a broad diagnostic experience that develops an understanding of Performing Arts as a collaborative activity.
The qualification aims to enable students to reengage with education and acquire the requisite skills, knowledge and understanding to progress to further education and employment.
Please read the UAL Awarding Body statements of purpose for these qualifications:
Qualification at a glance
|Typical course duration||6-8 weeks||1 year|
|UCAS points (Pass/Merit/Distinction)||N/A||N/A|
|Typical progression||Acting, musical theatre, set design, dance|
Specification and documents
This qualification has been developed in collaboration with subject matter experts, practitioners and further education colleges to ensure that it provides learners with the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to prepare learners for employment and/or support a role in the workplace
The following organisations have provided letters of support for this qualification:
- Birmingham Metropolitan College - letter of support (PDF 79KB)
- City College Southampton - letter of support (PDF 1MB)
- Croydon School of Art - letter of support (PDF 65KB)
- Lincoln College - letter of Support (PDF 47KB)
- South Essex College - letter of support (PDF 394KB)
- South Gloucestershire and Shroud College - letter of Support (PDF 401KB)
- Stratford-upon-Avon College - letter of support (PDF 117KB)
- The Oldham College - letter of support (PDF 328KB)
- The Sheffield College - letter of support (PDF 199KB)
Working with us
Interested in delivering the UAL Level 2 Award and Diploma in Performing & Production Arts?
Visit the Working with us page for information on the approval process for new and existing centres.