Find out what UAL can offer international students

Why study at UAL?

There are many reasons why international students choose to study at University of the Arts London. Here are just a few:

  • Our Highly Trusted Sponsor (HTS) status, awarded by the Home Office.
  • Located in London, a world centre for the creative industries.
  • An unrivalled range of internationally recognised arts and design degrees.
  • Our reputation for high quality teaching and research in arts and design.
  • A diverse community of students who come from over 110 countries.  
  • Strong links with industry, which enable students to work on live projects and gain professional contacts.
  • Excellent, modern facilities to help you to develop your craft.
  • Our pre-sessional English course and free English language support throughout your degree. Our Language Centre is ranked among the UK’s top five university language centres based on a recent British Council Inspection.
  • (c) University of the Arts London
    Meet us in your country - student shadows

    Meet us in your country

    Find out when our academic staff will next be visiting your country.

  • Accommodation
    (c) University of the Arts London


    Find out about accommodation for international students at UAL.

  • Application advice - student painting
    (c) University of the Arts London

    Application Advice

    Find out how to apply to our courses from overseas.

  • Portfolio advice - wooden memory box
    (c) University of the Arts London

    Portfolio advice

    Watch our video for international students about how to prepare a portfolio.

  • English language support
    (c) University of the Arts London

    English Language Support

    English language courses for international students studying at UAL.