The Costume Store
One of UAL's largest and newest halls, The Costume Store opened in September 2012, on the site that once housed the BBC’s costume collection.
About The Costume Store
The cutting-edge Costume Store is a new development in North Acton, accommodating students in contemporary and stylish ensuite cluster flats and large self-contained studios – many offering amazing views of London.
There are 530 ensuite bedrooms available for UAL students and each flat cluster will be shared between 4-9 students.
The Costume Store is located in west London, opposite North Acton tube station (Central Line), which means that you have quick and convenient access to many of the college sites, with the London College of Fashion site in Shepherds Bush a mere 10 minute tube ride away.
The immediate local area also benefits from a small supermarket, independent coffee shops, a great local pub and various fast food take away restaurants.
Please note travel times below are based on nearest college:
- Camberwell College of Arts: 69 minute bike ride / 62 minute tube journey
- Central Saint Martins: 53 minute bus journey / 43 minute tube trip
- Chelsea College of Arts: 50 minute bike ride / 41 minute tube trip
- London College of Communication: 42 minute tube trip
- London College of Fashion (Lime Grove): 47 minute walk / 14 minute bike ride / 25 minute bus journey / 21 minute tube trip
- Wimbledon College of Arts: 62 minute bike ride / 61 minute tube trip
Prices and sizes
Please note that standard tenancies at The Costume Store are for a single occupant for 51 weeks and that these prices are for the academic year beginning in September 2017.
- Standard rooms are £189 per week, £9,639 in total. These rooms are approximately 11.9 m2 with a single bed.
- Studio rooms are £246.00 per week, £12,546 in total. These rooms are approximately 25-29 m2 with a double bed.
- Mobility adapted studio rooms for disabled students are £189 per week, £9,639 in total. These rooms are approximately 24 m2 with a single bed.
- Premium studio rooms are £267 per week, £13,617 per week.
- single bed, wardrobe, desk, chair, bookcase and storage space
- internet access in every bedroom at no extra cost
- ensuite bathrooms in every bedroom
- contents insurance
- laundry facilities
- 24-hour staff presence
- an art gallery for UAL artists
- large studio workshop space with hair and makeup stations
- courtyard space
- bike storage
- residents' common room
- The Social Programme and Student Welfare Mentor staff.
The accommodation is owned by iQ and is jointly managed with University of the Arts London.
This hall is signed up to the ANUK code of practice. For more information visit: www.nationalcode.org