The Costume Store
One of UAL's largest and newest halls, The Costume Store opened in September 2012, on the site that once housed the BBC’s costume collection.
About The Costume Store
The cutting-edge Costume Store is a large new development in North Acton, accommodating students in contemporary and stylish ensuite cluster flats and large self-contained studios – many offering amazing views of London.
There are 530 ensuite bedrooms available for UAL students and each flat cluster will be shared between 4-9 students.
- single bed, wardrobe, desk, chair, bookcase and storage space
- internet access in every bedroom at no extra cost
- ensuite bathrooms in every bedroom
- contents insurance
- laundry facilities
- 24 hour staff presence
- an art gallery for UAL artists
- large studio workshop space with hair and make up stations
- courtyard space
- bike storage
- residents' common room
- The Social Programme and Student Welfare Mentor staff.
The Costume Store is located in west London, opposite North Acton tube station (Central Line), which means that you have quick and convenient access to many of the college sites, with the London College of Fashion site in Shepherds Bush a mere 10 minute tube ride away.
The immediate local area also benefits from a small supermarket, independent coffee shops, a great local pub and various fast food take away restaurants.
Please note travel times below are based on nearest college:
- Camberwell College of Arts: 69 minute bike ride / 62 minute tube journey
- Central Saint Martins: 53 minute bus journey / 43 minute tube trip
- Chelsea College of Arts: 50 minute bike ride / 41 minute tube trip
- London College of Communication: 60 minute bike ride / 42 minute tube trip
- London College of Fashion (Lime Grove): 47 minute walk / 14 minute bike ride / 25 minute bus journey / 21 minute tube trip
- Wimbledon College of Arts: 62 minute bike ride / 61 minute tube trip
Prices and sizes
Please note that standard tenancies at The Costume Store are for a single occupant for 51 weeks, and that these prices are for the academic year beginning in September 2016.
- Standard ensuite rooms are £182 per week, £9,282 in total. These rooms are approximately 11.9 sqm with a single bed.
- Studio rooms are £237.00 per week, £12,087 in total. These rooms are approximately 25-29 sqm with a double bed.
- Mobility adapted studio rooms for disabled students are £182 per week, £9,282 in total. These rooms are approximately 24 m2 with a single bed.
Information for students with disabilities
The Costume Store has the following features for disabled students:
- purpose built adapted studios with wheelchair access, and adapted kitchens
- a series of emergency call points located on site
- flashing alarm beacons available in all mobility adaptable rooms and disabled toilets.
- accessible toilets located in the common rooms and main reception, equipped with emergency cords
- wheelchair access into the building including lift access to all floors
- disabled parking available if required.
Please note, extra equipment to help aid you during your stay can be arranged. If you would like further details about our disabled facilities in this hall, please get in touch directly with the Accommodation Services team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The accommodation is owned by Vero Group and is jointly managed with the University of the Arts London.
This hall is signed up to the ANUK code of practice. For more information visit: www.nationalcode.org