The information listed below relates to the University's charitable status and is as required by HEFCE (The Higher Education Funding Council of England). By following the links you will be able to visit relevant parts of the University's website.
The information listed below relates to the University's charitable status and is as required by the Higher Education Funding Council of England (HEFCE). By following the links you will be able to visit relevant parts of the University's website.
1. As an Higher Education Corporation, the University is an exempt charity for the purposes of the Charities Act 1993. As a result, the University is not required to register with the Charity Commission and so has no registered charity number.
With the implementation of the Charities Act 2006, HEFCE became the principal regulator under charity law for the University. In turn, HEFCE is responsible to the Charity Commission for the regulatory duties it undertakes under the 2006 Act. The University is not a charitable company.
2. The University’s correct legal title is University of the Arts, London. It is usually abbreviated in legal documents to simply UAL. University of the Arts London's full correspondence address is:
University of the Arts London
272 High Holborn
London WC1V 7EY
Please note that the University has 6 constituent Colleges as follows, but they do not have separate legal status:
- Camberwell College of Arts
- Central Saint Martins
- Chelsea College of Arts
- London College of Communication
- London College of Fashion
- Wimbledon College of Arts
3. University of the Arts London is a corporate body created by statute. Its governing body is called the Court of Governors. Key reference documents about the University's legal status and governing body are available to read.
4. Full audited consolidated financial statements.
5. Visit the governance page if you are interested in becoming a lay member of the University's governing body. Governors are the University's trustees and details of court membership and other trusteeships are published.