Equality Objectives and Reports
We’re committed to ensuring we achieve equality, diversity and inclusion for our staff and students. We have a set of objectives to help us do this, in line with the requirements set out by the Equality Act 2010.
UAL's Equality, Diversity and Inclusion objectives for 2015-18:
1. Narrow differentials in participation, continuation and attainment of black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) students.
2. Improve the representation of staff from BAME backgrounds, particularly in academic and senior roles.
3. Ensure that where required, workplace adjustments for disabled staff are implemented within eight weeks.
Our obligation under the Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED) is to:
1. End unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010.
2. Foster good relations between people from different groups. This involves tackling prejudice and promoting understanding between people from different groups.
3. Advance equality of opportunity between people from different groups. This involves considering the need to:
- remove or minimise disadvantages suffered by people due to their protected characteristics. These characteristics are defined in the Equality Act 2010 as: age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and paternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
- meet the needs of people with protected characteristics.
- encourage people with protected characteristics to take part in public life, and in other activities where their participation is low.
Our specific PSED duties:
1. Publish equality information
2. Prepare and publish equality objectives
3. Publish accessible equality information and objectives