The music industry and design are interconnected intricately. This fun and experimental course will introduce you to a range of album artwork through design and image making. You will have the opportunity to design an album cover and create a bespoke playlist track list of your favourite songs...
Taught by: Ella McCartney.
The music industry and design are interconnected intricately. This fun and experimental course will introduce you to a range of album artwork through design and image making. You will have the opportunity to design an album cover and create a bespoke playlist track list of your favourite songs.
Through tutor led discussions you will find out about current album artwork trends and learn how contemporary designs and practices are challenging ideas about the subject. The practical skills you will learn and your ability to speak about your work will help you make an application for further study in art direction or advertising.
- Current practices and context
- Trending album artwork
- Design for the music industry
- Music artists
- Album cover typography
- Album cover layout
- Image making for album covers
- Responding to industry set briefs
- Presentation and feedback
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the creation of album artwork
- Have an understanding of layout for album covers
- Understand the use and application of image and text in an album artwork
- Be confident in contemporary design for the music industry
- Respond to an industry set brief professionally
- Support an application for work or study with a body of work and a greater confidence to talk about it
Who Should Attend
Those who are considering further study or a career in album artwork.
Beginner: You do not need any previous experience.
Ella McCartney completed a Fine Art MA at the Royal Academy of Art and a first class degree in History of Art and Fine Art at Goldsmiths College, University of London. Ella has exhibited her work Nationally and Internationally.
She has recently delivered learning experiences at the University of Cambridge Museums, Design Museum, Tate Modern, Saatchi Gallery and University of the Arts London. She works as a lecturer in the UK and Europe.
Details for booking
Alternative Dates and Times
If no dates are showing then please 'Enquire about this course' using the link below and we will contact you when new dates are published.