Digital Illustration (Online)
Online courses occur as 1.5 hour live sessions, during which time you will interact with your tutor, classmates and course content using in-built audio and video chat, instant messaging and the virtual work display area.
This practical and inspiring six week course on Digital Illustration provides an overview to wide variety of digital illustration techniques. You will learn the basics of digital illustration and explore different techniques including digital painting, drawing, and even short animation...
Taught by: Simona Bunardzhieva.
This practical and inspiring six week course on Digital Illustration provides an overview to wide variety of digital illustration techniques. You will learn the basics of digital illustration and explore different techniques including digital painting, drawing, and even short animation. You will explore the work of successful illustrators and practioners from around the world, and you will recieve advice from industry experts on how best to approach the discipline and its career paths, trends and opportunities.
For each week you’ll be given homework, which we will review during the following class. The amount of homework will be adaptable to your needs.
- Vector illustration tricks and techniques
- Isometric illustration
- Research for Digital work
- Using a Wacom Tablet
- Illustration for screens: suitability, use and preparation
- Hand-drawn illustration to digital: how, why and when
- Hand-drawn effect: textures, line quality and colours
- Photography & Illustration: collage making
- GIF animation
- Facial Features, anatomy and body movements
- Advice from industry experts
- Digital work exploration
By the end of the course you will
- Have a good understanding of the various techniques used in digital illustration
- Gain valuable experience using your Wacom tablet
- Be able to apply your learning in different contexts such as vector and isometric illustration, illustrating for the screen, hand-drawing and effects as well as basic animation techniques using GIF.
About CSM Online Courses
All CSM Online Courses include:
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- CSM Certificate upon completion
Who is Digital Illustration (online) for
This course is perfect for you if you are looking for basic knowledge that covers a lot of different topics and techniques, however we won’t be touching on too much in-depth knowledge. If you are looking for an introduction to digital illustration techniques in order to find the right path for you, this is the right course!
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Materials required for this course
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Wacom tablet (Bamboo or Intuos is fine)
Details for booking
|Date||Day of Week||Time||Duration||Cost||Status||Location||Action|
|04/10/2017 - 08/11/2017||Wednesday||18:30 - 20:00||6 Weeks||£450||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|25/01/2018 - 01/03/2018||Thursday||18:30 - 20:00||6 Weeks||£450||Available||Online||Add to Basket|
|27/03/2018 - 01/05/2018||Tuesday||18:30 - 20:00||6 Weeks||£450||Available||Online||Add to Basket|