Are you ready to apply for your PgCert or MA Academic Practice?
Before you apply
Before you apply check that you:
- Meet the entry requirements
- Can meet the financial costs of the MA Academic Practice (if you are responsible for paying your own fees)
- Can attend all the face-to-face teaching sessions, which are a mandatory element of the units. Please check the timetable for your chosen course:
- PGCert AP Timetable 2017-18 (PDF98KB)
- MA AP Timetable 2017-18 (PDF 91KB)
If you are a member of UAL staff, choose from the following application forms:
- 2017-18 PGCert Application UAL STAFF (Word 410KB)
- 2017-18 MA AP Application UAL STAFF (Word 405KB)
- 2017-18 Standalone Application UAL STAFF (Word 399KB)
Remember to allow time to get the appropriate signatures on your form. Please return your completed application form to the contact for your college or department.
If you are external to UAL or self-funding, please choose from the following application forms:
- 2017-18 PGCert Application EXTERNAL (Word 421KB)
- 2017-18 MA AP Application EXTERNAL (Word 414KB)
- 2017-18 Standalone Application EXTERNAL (Word 408KB)
You’ll also need to supply:
- Copies of academic qualifications
- A copy of your passport
- A reference that confirms your teaching hours and experience
- Copies of English language qualifications (IELTS) or details of any future English courses/exams, if applicable.
English language requirements
If your secondary or higher level of education was not conducted in the medium of English, you will need to attach evidence of your English language ability to your application. The minimum requirement is an IELTS score of 7.0, with a minimum of 6.5 in each element, or an equivalent qualification such as TOEFL, or the Cambridge Advanced exam.
Please return your completed application form and accompanying documentary evidence to:
MA Academic Practice applications
Teaching and Learning Exchange
University of the Arts London
272 High Holborn
London WC1V 7EY
What happens next?
We will be in touch to confirm receipt of your application. If you haven’t heard from us within 3 weeks please contact us at email@example.com.
Can I receive credit for any previous experience or qualifications?
It may be possible to receive credits for previous courses (admissions with academic credit, or AAC) or for experiential learning (Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning, or APEL). In order to apply, identify the units you are claiming credit for and complete an AAC or APEL application form. You’ll need to demonstrate that you’ve achieved equivalent learning outcomes in your previous course of study, or through experiential learning.
For full criteria and the number of credits that you can substitute, download this guide:
Am I entitled to remission on the PG Cert?
UAL full time academic salaried staff are entitled to remission, to a maximum of 50 hours per annum. This may have to be agreed in your PRA. Fractional posts are entitled to pro-rata remission on the same basis.
Technicians and all Library posts that support student learning should have their contact and study hours recognised as part of their workload. Some Library posts are also entitled to limited remission.
Hourly paid staff are not entitled to remission.
For more information and to apply for remission please speak to your College Staff Development Contact.