Our staff have access to a range of benefits, which recognise and reward their contributions - including:
Generous annual leave
Employees at UAL enjoy a generous annual leave allowance on top of bank holidays. This ranges from 31 to 34 days annual leave depending on the job grade and 39 days for academic staff.
We support a healthy work-life balance with policies on flexible working which may be requested after at least 26 weeks continuous service. Flexibility may apply to your hours of work, the times that you work or where you work.
Free places on UAL Short Courses
We offer UAL staff the opportunity to attend certain short courses free of charge, if undersubscribed, subject to availability. Find out more about our range of short courses.
Defined benefit pension schemes
All employees with a contract longer than 12 weeks can join one of the 3 benefit pension schemes at UAL. These offer competitive rates and some offer life cover payouts.
We offer generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave packages, which are more favourable than statutory requirements after a qualifying period.
Interest-free season ticket loan
Interest-free loans are available to help staff buy an annual season ticket for their journey to and from work. This includes rail, London Underground, bus or other season tickets.
Computer purchase loan scheme
Employees are also eligible to apply for a computer loan following successful completion of their probationary period.
- Employees can benefit from corporate rates at a number of gyms and fitness centres across London.
- If you use a computer at work you are eligible for a free eye test plus a discount on glasses via Specsavers.
- Discounts on private healthcare insurance with Bupa Eduhealth Scheme or Universities and Colleges Personal Healthcare Scheme.
- A Cycle to Work scheme can enable you to purchase a bike via salary sacrifice - saving on tax and paying for it in monthly instalments deducted from your pay.
- A supportive sick pay scheme for those times when you’re ill and access to a specialist occupational health service.
- Confidential Care is a counselling and advisory service available online or over the phone to all employees at UAL. It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, covering any issue that may be affecting you.
We aim to do everything we can to support your personal and professional development and offer a range of courses and opportunities to nurture this, e.g. coaching and mentoring, part-funded further study.