Students in Arts, Design and Media encounter a diverse range of situations throughout their educational journey, which will invariably include ethical issues around or within their creative practices.
During this event we will explore questions such as:
- How can we teach ethics better?
- How can we best prepare our students to make ethical decisions around their practice?
- What are the challenges and nuances for educators presented by these diverse student journeys?
- How can we navigate ethical issues and find solutions to enable ourselves and our students to fully explore their interests and opportunities in the creative disciplines?
- How can ethical issues present sites for positive action and outcomes?
- Where is the student/personal/institutional line which cannot be crossed?
#UALPlatform Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in Ethics in Arts, Design and Media or teaching practice in a Higher Educational setting. Cost
This event is free. Lunch is included. Booking
Book your place online today! Scroll down to register using the form at the bottom of the page. PROGRAMME
The programme of speakers and workshop activities will be confirmed shortly. The preliminary agenda for the day (ie subject to change) is:
1000-1010 Welcome & Introduction
(Prof Susan Orr)
1000 -1110 Session 1: Interactive, student led session
1145-1245 Session 2: Storytelling/discussion workshop
1345-1445 Session 3: Keynote (TBC)
1500-1600 Session 4: Panel (Guests TBC)
1600-1630 Session 5: Final thoughts and close.UAL TEACHING PLATFORM SERIES
This event is part of a series hosted by University of the Arts London, exploring key issues in art and design teaching and learning in higher education. Each event includes leading speakers sharing current thinking in creative education and is designed to be interactive: delegates will have opportunities to engage in activities to support networking and engagement.
For more information about Teaching and Learning at UAL visit the Exchange website. You can subscribe to our mailing list for more details about these and other events, or follow us on Twitter @UALTLE