Thinking Teaching: An introduction to teaching in Higher Education
This two day workshop is designed to orient participants to the purpose and practice of teaching in higher education. It will situate participants’ teaching in a meaningful context of practice and pedagogic theory.
Wed 17 October 2018 930am-430pm AM: HH 309, 9-12.30 & PM: HH 209, 1.30-5pm
Fri 19 October 2018 930am-430pm JPS Room 415A
Please note that:
*The class is in two different locations on day 1 and day 2
AND attendance is required on both days.*
Vikki Hill, Thinking Teaching Lecturer,Teaching and Learning Exchange
What will I learn?
The workshops will be a blend of theoretical input and practical activity. You will:
• reflect on your own teaching practice and learning experiences
• gain an understanding of key pedagogic ideas
• explore basic techniques for designing teaching sessions
• co-design and deliver a micro-teaching activity
• learn to consider learners
• explore potential barriers to learning.
Who should attend?
This workshop is aimed at UAL colleagues who are new into teaching/student facing activity.
PLEASE NOTE: This course is for UAL staff or currently enrolled UAL PhD students only. We cannot accept registrations from outside UAL at the current time.