Thinking Teaching: An introduction to teaching in Higher Education
This two day workshop is designed to orient participants to the purpose and practice of teaching in higher education. It will situate participants’ teaching in a meaningful context of practice and pedagogic theory.
Mon 11 March 9.30am-4.30pm Room T1404
Tues 12 March 9.30am-4.30pm AM: Room T1401 PM: Room T1405
Please note that: *Attendance is required on both days.*
Vikki Hill, Thinking Teaching Lecturer,Teaching and Learning Exchange
What will I learn?
The workshops will be a blend of theoretical input and practical activity. You will:
• reflect on your own teaching practice and learning experiences
• gain an understanding of key pedagogic ideas
• explore basic techniques for designing teaching sessions
• co-design and deliver a micro-teaching activity
• learn to consider learners
• explore potential barriers to learning.
Who should attend?
This workshop is aimed at UAL colleagues who are new into teaching/student facing activity. The session on this date has been organised in partnership with UAL Research and is tailored to UAL PhD Students.
PLEASE NOTE: This course is for UAL staff or currently enrolled UAL PhD students only. We cannot accept registrations from outside UAL at the current time.