Thinking Teaching: An introduction to digital teaching methods in Higher Education
This ‘blended’, face-to-face and online, workshop is designed to introduce you to the use of digital tools and spaces in teaching and learning. It provides an opportunity to discuss and explore a range of digital teaching techniques which participants will be able to modify for their own professional contexts.
We strongly advise that staff attend the full two day "Thinking Teaching" course before booking onto this "Thinking Teaching: Digital Edition" to further their skills.Dates
|Wed 26 June 2019||10am-4pm||LCC Room T1404|
|Wed 03 July 2019||2pm-4pm||ONLINE|
|*Please note that attendance is required on all days.*|| || |
David White, Head of Digital Learning
Additional staff TBCWhat will I learn?
The workshops will be a blend of theoretical input and practical activity. You will:
Who should attend?
- map and reflect on your own online engagement
- reflect on your own teaching practice and learning experiences in digital contexts
- gain an understanding of the benefits and risks of using digital tools and spaces in teaching
- gain an understanding of student’s attitudes towards digital
- explore techniques for ‘teaching digitally’
- co-design and deliver a micro digital-teaching activity
- explore the risks and rewards of teaching digitally
This workshop is aimed at UAL staff who are interested in exploring digital teaching and learning. We strongly advise that staff attend the full two day "Thinking Teaching" course before booking onto this "Thinking Teaching: Digital Edition" to further their skills.
PLEASE NOTE: This course is for UAL staff or currently enrolled UAL PhD students only
. We cannot accept registrations from outside UAL at the current time.