Sustainable Fashion Colour and Dyeing Workshop
In this course you will learn hands on dyeing techniques using natural elements. Make your own solar oven to create sustainable energy and generate plant based dyes to use on protein and plant fibres and garments of your choice.
Learn hands on dyeing techniques using natural elements, to harvest from off-site nature, gardens, vegan food waste, recycle centres and zero waste shops. You will keep your own solar oven and dyes to use in your fashion design processes.
This course will give you skills to create a portfolio which is a representation of your personal identity as a fashion designer in 2D design to 3D design.
- Sustainable Fashion theory & human ecology
- Solar oven construction and use
- Renewable water for dyeing
- Hands-on natural dyeing from harvesting from nature, gardens, vegan food waste, recycle centres and zero waste shops
Who should take this course?
Fashion students and graduates, aspiring and established fashion designer looking at alterative and sustainable fashion approaches.
Students will take away their own solar oven, natural dyes, sketch book/swatch books, garments they have dyed and a source list for sustainable resources in London, including images of garments/textiles from the FATE: Fashion And Textiles Education archive.
Entry requirements: None
Level: All Levels
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Clare S. Spencer B.A., M.A., 20 years in the rag trade Founder of FATE: Fashion And Textiles Education Archive, a business used by the Fashion, Feature Film, TV and Performing Arts industries and universities. Our clients include over 90 fashion brands. Instagram:
Please bring on the first day:
- Sketch books
- Writing and drawing pencils & pens
- Old newspaper
- Apron or work clothes
- A garment or textile made of cotton, wool or any other fibre- to be cut into swatches
- Glass jars (jam jars work well)
- Plastic zipper lock bags for carrying away wet fibres in
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Bag to carry elements from nature in