Fashion Print Design
Fashion print design has been greatly influenced by the implementation of computers and advanced two-dimensional design computer packages. This course provides an introduction to these computer packages and design techniques. It will start with an introduction to the computer programs Adobe Photoshop on Mac format. These will be taught in tandem, giving you an understanding of both programs' strengths.
- You will investigate possible themes and sources of inspiration, which will be interpreted into a selection of possible print designs.
- The final product will be a finished design in several colourways.
- Your design will be applied to your choice of template - a coat, bag, or a complete outfit.
- You will leave the course with a CD of your print work and comprehensive notes.
Entry requirements: None
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Shanon Fernandes gained a distinction in Fashion Design and Clothing Technology at the National Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi, followed by a Distinction in Fashion Design at the Instituto Marangoni, London.
Shanon has held key digital design roles with high-end Designers and Fashion Houses such as Satyan Kumar Patel, and Ossie Clark London, working alongside the Creative director to develop prints, repeats and colourways for their seasonal collections. She has also worked for various high street brands and supported start-up ventures in fashion and textiles.
Her expertise is at the juncture of fashion, textiles and technology.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- A notebook
- Fine liner pens
- USB stick
- 5 example images of print on clothing that you particularly like for class discussion
IMPORTANT - Adobe ID Login for Short Course Students
Students will need to create an account with Adobe (unless you already have one) in order to access the Adobe suite at the college – instructions are included below. You will need to use a personal email address to create this. If you already have an account with Adobe, please make sure you bring your login details with you on the first day of the course.
- Creating an Adobe account is free.
- The software will only be accessible when logged into a UAL networked computer
- The same account can be used outside of the University, but software will only be accessible through a personal paid subscription that students will need to set up independently
- You can still create an account on the day but doing this beforehand will save time and avoid delays to the start of the class.
- If you already have an Adobe ID/ subscription you can use this on your short course rather than setting up a new account.
To create an account students will need to:
- Go to Adobe Sign in page.
- Select ‘Create an account’
- Enter your details and select ‘Create account’
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.