Fashion Print Design
Fashion print design has been greatly influenced by the implementation of computers and advanced two-dimensional design computer packages. This course provides an introduction to these computer packages and design techniques. It will start with an introduction to the computer programs Adobe Photoshop on Mac format. These will be taught in tandem, giving you an understanding of both programs' strengths.
- You will investigate possible themes and sources of inspiration, which will be interpreted into a selection of possible print designs.
- The final product will be a finished design in several colourways.
- Your design will be applied to your choice of template - a coat, bag, or a complete outfit.
- You will leave the course with a CD of your print work and comprehensive notes.
Entry requirements: None
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Shanon Fernandes gained a distinction in Fashion Design and Clothing Technology at the National Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi, followed by a Distinction in Fashion Design at the Instituto Marangoni, London.
Shanon has held key digital design roles with high-end Designers and Fashion Houses such as Satyan Kumar Patel, and Ossie Clark London, working alongside the Creative director to develop prints, repeats and colourways for their seasonal collections. She has also worked for various high street brands and supported start-up ventures in fashion and textiles.
Her expertise is at the juncture of fashion, textiles and technology.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- A notebook
- Fine liner pens
- USB stick
- 5 example images of print on clothing that you particularly like for class discussion
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.