Leather is an adaptable and durable material used extensively in the fashion industry today. With so many functional and decorative properties it is used to produce garments, footwear and handbags as well as luxury leather goods.
A full range of complementary Understanding Fabrics courses are available, view all courses on our website.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older.
Your course place is confirmed once you have booked online or via the phone using a credit or debit card. There is no deadline for booking. Places are offered on a first come, first served basis, and all courses have a maximum number of students. We suggest you book early to avoid disappointment.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the class:
- This leather course will look at selecting appropriate leathers for your product
- Examination of a diverse range of leather from stretch to exotic grains.
- Leather sourcing terminology
- Leather technology and finishing techniques
- Trends in leather and leather alternatives
- Studying samples to gain an understanding of the different skins and hides.
Meet the Tutor:
This one day Understanding Leather course will look at selecting appropriate leathers for your product and examine the diversity of leather from stretch to exotic grains.