Understanding Fabrics Fabric Testing and Quality
This course examines the quality aspects of different fashion fabrics. Using relevant British and European standards, a range of common textile test methods will be examined and how to interpret and evaluate the test results is explained. You will also examine the benefits of textile testing, how to select relevant tests for different end products, and how the fabric performance largely determines the quality of the final garment.
By the end of the course you will:
- Recognise different faults in fabrics
- Understand how faults occur
- Understand how to formulate strategies for dealing with faults
- Understand textile test methods
- How to evaluate test results and reports
- Understand the benefits of textile testing and appreciate the different quality features of fashion fabrics
This course is suitable for anyone who has contact with off-site testing houses and who wants to gain a greater understanding of the test methods used and the evaluation of results. Also, anyone who wants to gain a greater understanding of the quality aspects of textiles in general.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- Notepad and pen
- Quality in textile / clothing products
- Legal requirements
- Faults in Fabrics
- Introduction to textile testing
- Textile test methods (we cover all the main tests for fashion fabrics)
- Interpretation of test results
Meet the Tutor:
This Understanding Fabric Quality and Testing course examines the quality aspects of different fashion fabrics. It also looks at the benefits of textile testing.