Understanding Fabrics 3 Colouring and Finishing Fabrics Short Course
You will be introduced to the various terms used to demonstrate the wide variety of colouring techniques available. Fabric finishing will also be discussed and various aesthetic, functional and special finishes described and samples shown.Please note: our Understanding Fabrics courses are part of a series. We recommend you take the courses in the following order or have existing knowledge to the same level before progressing to the next course:
- Understanding Fabrics: Fibres and Fabrics
- Understanding Fabrics: Fabric Construction
- Understanding Fabrics: Colouring and Finishing Fabrics
- Understanding Fabrics: Fabric Testing and Quality
Who should attend?
Anyone who needs a more detailed understanding of fabric finishing.
Course level: Advanced
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older.
Clear, easy to understand lessons:
- Our tutors will explain things in easy to understand, accessible English. If they need to use any special terminology they will make sure they explain what they mean.
- New methods will be shown to students through live demonstrations, in a way thats crystal clear and easy to understand.
- Experience life on campus
- Network and share ideas with students from across the globe
- Access the technology and materials relevant to your discipline
- Shop in our college shops for any materials you might need
- Ask questions of your tutor in real time
- Receive feedback and critique on your assignments
- Experience the many sights of London on your down time
A certificate of completion:
- You've put the work in so we want to make sure you have something to show for it!
- As long as you attend a minimum of 80% of your classes, we will provide you with a certificate of attendance.
- We always recommend you attend all of the classes so that you get the most out of the experience!
- Certificates are great to compliment your cv.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- Pen and notepad
Meet the Tutor:
This fibres and fabric course examines the characteristics and qualities of the different fabric colouration processes in relation to quality and cost. It also looks at a wide range of different fabric finishes and how they transform the fabric. The different methods of both dyeing and printing are explained and examined.