Screen Printing on Fabric Workshop (Weekend)
This is an exciting introductory course to screen-printing onto textiles - for fashion, interiors or just for fun! Aimed at all levels and abilities, with access to the professional facilities of the print room at the Kings Cross campus, the course is led by textile designer Kangan Arora.
During the 2-day weekend course, you will cover the full process from creating and selecting suitable artwork, to preparation of the screen and materials, through to the successful printing of your chosen design onto fabric, using a variety of inks and pigments.
Topics and activities include:
- Introduction to screen-printing terminology, facilities and processes
- Creating hand drawn artwork
- Preparation of screens for exposure
- Mixing of pigments and inks
- Printing using exposed and blank screens
- Hey presto: Your own set of 6-8 sample prints
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Kangan Arora runs a London-based creative studio specialising in print and pattern design, working across interiors, textiles, branding and packaging. A graduate of Central Saint Martins, she currently combines her own practice with teaching at CSM. Recent collaborations and projects include work for IKEA, REN Skincare, Urban Outfitters and Heal's. https://www.kanganarora.com/
Please bring with you to the first session:
- Household Rubber Gloves and Apron
- A selection of 3-4 reference images that inspire you
- A sense of adventure!
You will be provided with all printing materials and fabric for initial sampling but, we encourage you to bring a variety of different fabrics (approx 50cm each) to experiment with.