Unit 1 - Exploring and understanding research-led textile design practice
This unit is an introduction to your course, the college and the university.
- Online inductions to learning resources and workshops
- To explore research and practical methodologies for developing an integrated approach to theory and practice
- To explore key strands of sustainability and socially responsible design and thinking to support you to define a direction for your research-led creative practice and develop a Major Project Proposal
Unit 2 - Contextualising research-led textile design practice
This unit is about situating your work relative to socially responsible design contexts and other practitioners.
- To refine and develop your Major Project Proposal
- To define a clear direction for your practice and writing
- To produce practice based developmental work and a 2000 word Critical Research Paper written document
- To take part in a postgraduate design school collaborative activity
Unit 3 - Realisation of research-led textile design practice
The final unit of the course will focus on the realisation of your Major Project.
- To demonstrate how you have developed your practice as a model for exploring and reflecting on contextual and theoretical perspectives
- To present work in the postgraduate design school event
- To submit a final design outcome with supporting developmental design work
Option A (default option) - 3000-5000 word Critical Research Paper.
Option B (by negotiation only) - 6,000-8,000 word Critical Research Paper.
Note: 120 Credits must be passed before the final unit is undertaken.