Fashion Photography (16-18 Year Olds)
This fashion photography course is an introduction to fashion photography, including editorial and music promotion photography. You'll use our suite of photography studios, as well as professional camera and lighting equipment.
Working in groups, you'll be asked to prepare a model shoot in the studio. Demonstrations, discussions and plenty of hands-on practical work will get you familiar with photography and lighting, demystifying the technical elements, and give you an insight into the profession.
The course includes:
- Technical photography basics (aperture, shutter speed, ISO etc)
- Lighting techniques (flash, tungsten and daylight)
- Analysing your images
- Digital photography and development basics
- Directing models and make up artists
- Organising a shoot
- The art of a great portrait
- Basic Photoshop techniques to edit your images
Beginners. You should have an interest in the subject area and a desire to learn but no previous experience is required.
Your course place is confirmed once you have booked online or via the phone using a credit or debit card. There is no deadline for booking. Places are offered on a first come, first served basis, and all courses have a maximum number of students. We suggest you book early to avoid disappointment.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- Notepad and pen
- Magazines or other visual references
- USB pen disc (at least 4GB)
All other equipment will be provided.