Adobe Photoshop for Photographers: Beginners
Photoshop is widely regarded as the leading digital image editing application for photographers and image-makers. This course will fast-track candidates into setting up a successful digital workflow through theory, demonstration, and hands-on practice.
- Transferring files from camera systems to the computer
- JPEG and RAW files
- Simple image manipulation
- Destructive and non-destructive editing
- Simple retouching techniques
- Tools and adjustment layers (crop, brushes, curves, healing brush, etc.)
- Introduction to colour management
- Scaling and resolution
- Histograms and how to read them
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Manipulate and edit images using a variety of Photoshop features
- Have a basic understanding of digital imaging and the issues surrounding it
- Understand the importance of a calibrated workflow
- Have confidence in the quality of the images you produce
Who Should Attend
This course is perfect for you if you work in marketing or communications role or if you are a photographer seeking to improve the standard of your own images.
Beginner: You do not need any prior knowledge of Adobe Photoshop. Familiarity with using a Mac is useful but not essential.
Follow Up Courses
After you have completed this course you may want to continue your education in Adobe Photoshop with Adobe Photoshop for Photographers: Intermediateor try your hand at different Adobe Creative Suite 6 software such as AdobeInDesign: Beginners.
We also offer bespoke Adobe Photoshop courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our CustomisedTraining page.
Digital Skills page.
"The course was exactly as it said. I am doing Photoshop because I have to as I am teaching A level Photography so maybe not too excited about it as really I want to be taking pictures. Jeff the tutor was excellent, incredibly knowledgeable and very helpful. I was more interested at the end than when I came in so well done to the tutor for that."
Jeff Robins is a specialist in the capture of digital images that will repro to the highest standards. He has been working in all aspects of digital imaging, capture, scanning, manipulation and retouching, since the technology was introduced. Although semi –retired, he now spends most of his time as a lecturer in digital imaging and offers a consultancy service for colleges and businesses.