Adobe Lightroom for Photographers Weekend
Adobe Lightroom is a professional, intuitive programme for organising, adjusting and outputting your digital photographs. It is now considered the principal choice for photographers wishing to build a successful workflow.
On this 2-day workshop, you will learn how to sort images into an easily manageable catalogue, process and develop your RAW and JPEG files for optimal results, and output images for various purposes.
Topics covered will include:
- Overview of the digital darkroom & printing options
- Uploading & organising digital files / digital scans
- Applying tonal adjustments
- Colour correction & enhancement of images
- Converting & editing in B&W
- Fine-tuning an image using retouching techniques
- Re-sizing & printing high quality A3 ink-jet prints
- Creating photo books to showcase your work
- Exporting files for the web & social media
This course is aimed at photographers, from beginners to professionals, who wish to showcase their work for maximum effect. However, anyone who works with images on a regular basis (such as visual artists, media or marketing professionals) will find it a valuable addition to their day-to-day practice.
Level: All levels
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Chris Ould is an artist and experienced tutor who has worked within the photography department at Central Saint Martins college for over 15 years. Since graduating from the MA Fine Art programme in 1999, he has continued to make his own work and has taught across a broad range of short courses, BA and Post-Graduate programmes, as well as public and private institutions. He has also worked as a freelance lecturer, delivering talks and workshops that address photo-editing skills within the digital print arena to several fashion retouching companies, and has been a reviewer on several books on photography.
Please bring to the first session:
- A Note book and pen
- A USB stick with a selection of your own images that you would like to work from (ideally in RAW or JPEG format).
IMPORTANT - Adobe ID Login for Short Course Students
Students will need to create an account with Adobe (unless you already have one) in order to access the Adobe suite at the college – instructions are included below. You will need to use a personal email address to create this. If you already have an account with Adobe, please make sure you bring your login details with you on the first day of the course.
- Creating an Adobe account is free.
- The software will only be accessible when logged into a UAL networked computer
- The same account can be used outside of the University, but software will only be accessible through a personal paid subscription that students will need to set up independently
- You can still create an account on the day but doing this beforehand will save time and avoid delays to the start of the class.
- If you already have an Adobe ID/ subscription you can use this on your short course rather than setting up a new account.
To create an account students will need to:
- Go to Adobe Sign in page.
- Select ‘Create an account’
- Enter your details and select ‘Create account’