Improving your Photography for 11 to 15 Year Olds Online Short Course
The artists world is limitless. It can be found anywhere far from where he lives or a few feet away. It is always on his doorstep. Paul Strand
Students on this practical course will learn to approach photography creatively and to tell a story through images by producing a photo project, Me, Myself, Now, capturing their world as they live through these historic times. Over three sessions students will spend time in the online classroom learning photographic methods and techniques, before producing images between sessions on set topics within their own home. They will be encouraged to approach their photography with a playful and creative eye. They will also look at evaluating photography and editing, and each student will be given feedback and advice to help put their images together into a coherent and meaningful essay. Being limited to their own doorstep is a great way for students to start to really look at light (the essence of all photography) and their immediate world. The work that they produce will capture an important slice of history as we live through lock down.
Who should attend
Anyone aged 11 to 15 who is interested in art and design.
All our online short courses include:
- Live online lessons, all of our classes are live, you won't find any recordings here
- Clear, explanations and easy to understand lessons.
- Live demonstrations, you can see exactly how things should be done
- Live interaction with your classmates from around the world, our students come from far and wide
- Ask questions of your tutor, using your microphone and camera, or if you're not feeling brave, in the chat box
- Receive feedback on your work
How to book:
- Click add to basket
- If you are an adult booking a place for a child or teenager, you will need two email addresses one for your booking confirmation email and one for the student. *
- Select the option to book for someone else
- Add the bookers details under Your details
- And the students details under Delegate 1
* In the case that your child does not have an email address, please create their account with an alternative email address. If you need help with booking, please use our online chat or call 0207 514 7015
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time.
Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
- Digital camera or camera phone, with capability of transferring images to computer
- Single light source (desk lamp or torch for example)
- Sketchpad or paper and pen
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Meet the Tutor:
Over three sessions students will spend time in the online classroom learning photographic methods and techniques, before producing images between sessions on set topics within their own home.