Do you have a DSLR camera but are confused by all the buttons and controls? It is time to make the most out of your investment and get creative control of your camera.
This two-day course, delivered in our industry standard workshops, will help you take full advantage of your digital camera.
Taught through a series of demonstrations and exercises, this practical skills-based course covers theory, camera skills on location, shooting modes, manual exposure controls, aperture, shutter speed and managing white balance. Finally, you will look at file formats and methods for image storage.
- Fundamental Concepts of Photography
- Correct Exposure
- Depth of Field and Motion Blur
- Focusing techniques
- Shooting modes
- Manual exposure controls: Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Program, Manual
- Shutter speed
- Managing white balance/colour temperature
- Camera metering options: Spot, Centre, Matrix/Evaluative
- Lenses: Focal length / Angle of View and Lens Speed
- File formats
- Storage, backup, and workflow
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Use the manual functions on your DSLR camera with confidence
- Demonstrate an understanding of sophisticated techniques such as motion blur and selective focus
- Create beautiful and impressive photographs using your DSLR camera
Who Should Attend
Anyone desiring to get the most out of their DSLR or who wants to move their photography beyond using a basic point-and-shoot or mobile phone camera.
Beginner: This course is perfect for those with little or no knowledge of DSLR photography.
We also offer bespoke photography courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page
Simon Leibowitz divides his time between professional photography and teaching. With a career that spans editorial, marketing, design & advertising clients; Simon has a thorough understanding of current trends, industry standards and contemporary professional practice.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.