Adobe Photoshop: Editing and Retouching the Fashion Image
Are you a photographer who would like to achieve polished fashion imagery? Would you like to learn to incorporate graphic design elements to your photography work? This new fashion photo editing course will introduce you to subtle editing techniques as well as graphic design elements such as typography. Through this practical session you will be introduced to both techniques. You will explore image resolutions, compositions and different techniques that can be implemented in Fashion Photo editing.
Depending on your direction, photo editing in the fashion industry can be subtle, but it can also incorporate a wide range of graphic design elements. Through this practical session you will be introduced to both techniques. You will explore image resolutions, compositions and different techniques that can be implemented in Fashion Photo editing. The lectures are designed to help you create a fluid understanding of image creation.
The course topics includes:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Image resolution
- Image sizing
- CMYK and RGB
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop.
- Digital images: Image composition
- Analyzing and critiquing photographs: Use design principles to assess and inform the consistency and visual hierarchy of the image.
- Image resolution and Image sizing: Cropping, resizing, and straightening images
- Understanding and employing color theory including CMYK and RGB
- Understanding the impact of typography and typography concepts
- Understanding the relationship between colour, typography, layout, and tone
- Retouching photos using selection tools
- Combining multiple images
- Graphic design principles: Creating design comps • Designing for audience(s) • Creating an original work • Providing multiple design ideas • Applying design principles
- Adjusting brightness and contrast
- Filters, Layers and Masks
- Adjusting levels and colors
- Outputting for web
- Outputting for print
- Outputting for video
- File Formats
Beginners. You should have an interest in the subject area and a desire to learn but no previous experience is required.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older.
Your course place is confirmed once you have booked online or via the phone using a credit or debit card. There is no deadline for booking. Places are offered on a first come, first served basis, and all courses have a maximum number of students. We suggest you book early to avoid disappointment.
Judella Conquet has over 5 years’ experience in the fashion industry. A self-starter with a wide range of specialisms. Judella has been teaching for Short Courses for 2 years, while also teaching Creative IT sessions for the Media pathways and Business pathways. Judella is a fashion designer, but also Adobe creative cloud specialist. For the last 5 years Judella has been working on her own self named fashion label and creative design, including fashion technical drawings at urban-timbuktu.com.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the sessions:
- Own Images/ Photography