London Theatre Experience for 16 to 25 Year Olds
The Drama Centre London Theatre Summer School will enable you to experience the rigour and variety available in the field of drama and to test your expectations and aspirations against the realities of vocational training. The course is fully based in the practice of performance and delivered within a leading drama conservatoire, thus benefitting from the high levels of expertise of the professional staff at Drama Centre.
You will gain a taste of what life is like in a leading drama school. The teachers will seek to enhance your capacity to learn in a disciplined, organised manner and develop skills leading to self-reliant learning. You will also develop a critical awareness of contemporary performance and will learn to express your ideas clearly and articulately.
Who should take this course?
The course aimed at students who are interested in training for a professional career in acting.
- Acting from a methodological approach
- Physical studies
- Vocal stage
- Contemporary devising
The classes seek to address the individual needs and aspirations of each student. They are 90 minutes so that every student can have individual attention. The course runs Monday to Friday 09:00-17:30 and a trip to the theatre on the 1st and 2nd Saturday, with one evening trip in Week 3.
Cultural programme: You will also participate in a structured cultural programme which will enable you to make full use of the cultural life of London during your course. A selection of six productions will be chosen from London’s world-class theatre.
- Students below the age of 16 are not permitted. The upper age limit is 25.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is required.
Please note: This course is for students aged 16 to 25 years old only
On joining Drama Centre all students are required to equip themselves with the following articles for the first day. All of these must be clearly marked with your name.
- tracksuit bottoms (elasticised waist or drawstring)
- a top that is easy to move in (Leotards can be useful for females)
- sport socks
- sports jumper
- sport or dance shoes
- long hair tied back off the face (male and female)
For social dance class:
- Leather shoes or shoes with a low Cuban heel
- Trousers or a practice skirt (or similar that can be used to dance in)
- Shirt or plain top
For all other classes:
- loose fitting clothes that are easy to move in
- pencil / pen
- a map of London (The students will be brought to the theatre but must find their own way home. There will be six outings in total - 2 x matinees, 2 x evenings, 2 x Saturdays)
- an Oyster card for travelling
- if the student is not from England, a temporary mobile phone is useful
- A passport photo
If no dates are showing then please sign up to our mailing list to find out about upcoming dates and new course developments.