Acting Workshop for 16 to 18 Year Olds
Reflecting Central Saint Martin's Drama Centre ethos, this course will introduce you to the basic principles involved in the Method approach to acting. At the end of the week students will present a series of rehearsed scenes in which they will use some of the techniques learned.
Who should take this course?
The course is ideal for young students who want to go on to study acting.
- We will look at the basic Method 'questions' through textual analysis, movement and voice.
- There will be an introduction to improvisation based on a storytelling process without text, designed to expand creative imaginative resources.
- Techniques to assist in identifying and releasing impulse will also be covered.
- Material will be drawn from renowned English and American dramatic texts from Shakespeare to Miller, Odets and Osborne.
Entry requirements: You must be over 16 and under 19 years old in order to attend.
Please note: This course is for students aged 16 to 18 years old only
Bea started acting at National Youth Theatre and went on to read English & Drama at Hull University. As an actor she has worked extensively in theatre all over the country including The National Theatre, Southwark Playhouse, Watford Palace, Trafalgar Studios, The Lowry, Greenwich Theatre, Brighton Theatre Royal, The Orange Tree, BAC, Lyric Hammersmith The Arts Theatre and Unicorn Theatre. TV includes: Writing & co-starring in Bea and Sam’s Big Spread (E4); Teenage Kicks, William and Mary, The Bill (ITV) & The Miniaturist (BBC 1) She is also a writer, director and an associate artist at The National Youth Theatre where she has directed numerous productions and courses.
Please bring with you:
- a notebook
- a pen
- comfortable clothes to move about in.
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.