Acting Workshop for 16 to 18 Year Olds
Reflecting Central Saint Martin's Drama Centre ethos, this course will introduce you to the basic principles involved in the Method approach to acting. At the end of the week students will present a series of rehearsed scenes in which they will use some of the techniques learned.
Who should take this course?
The course is ideal for young students who want to go on to study acting.
- We will look at the basic Method 'questions' through textual analysis, movement and voice.
- There will be an introduction to improvisation based on a storytelling process without text, designed to expand creative imaginative resources.
- Techniques to assist in identifying and releasing impulse will also be covered.
- Material will be drawn from renowned English and American dramatic texts from Shakespeare to Miller, Odets and Osborne.
Entry requirements: You must be over 16 and under 19 years old in order to attend.
Please note: This course is for students aged 16 to 18 years old only
Simon Bowen began acting at the National Youth Theatre where he appeared in leading roles alongside Rupert Penry-Jones, David Walliams, Matt Lucas, Jessica Stevenson and Chiwetel Ejiofor. After training as a professional actor, he went on to work at The Bristol Old Vic Theatre in 'Renegades' by Catherine Johnson (writer of 'Mamma Mia'), at The National Theatre in 'Chips With Everything' directed by Howard Davies, and at Hampstead Theatre in Glyn Cannon's 'The Kiss'. He has also worked extensively on screen, and his appearances include 'Fever Pitch' by Nick Hornby, 'Our Boy': a BBC Film by Tony Grounds starring Ray Winstone, 'Without Motive' on ITV, 'Casualty' and 'Down to Earth' on BBC One and 'The Secret World of Michael Fry' by Paul Abbott on Channel 4 Simon is also a writer, and his credits include 'From London With Love' (starring Claire Rushbrook and Philip Glenister) which he wrote for BBC Radio 4 in the week of the Litvinenko spy affair, and his play 'Free' which was produced in The Loft at The National Theatre, and directed by Thea Sharrock.
Please bring with you:
- a notebook
- a pen
- comfortable clothes to move about in.
If no dates are showing then please sign up to our mailing list to find out about upcoming dates and new course developments.