Introduction To Acting For Camera
This workshop is essentially a practical 'hands on' acting class in front of the camera.
Sessions will focus on the specific demands of working in front of a camera but the skills involved are relevant to all forms of acting. We will also explore professional functions and working practices.
- work on the self: How do I come across on camera?
- developing and expressing listening and reacting skills
- examining the role and function of continuity
- adjusting vocal levels without losing dynamism
- exploring the importance of the 'inner monologue'
- thought process in close-up
- adapting performance to the size of the shot
Who should take this course?
Participants should ideally be actors who have experience of acting in the theatre, and maybe a little experience of acting for the screen.
Entry requirements: A good level of understanding of and fluency in spoken English
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Laurence trained at Central St Martins Drama Centre London and has worked extensively in theatre and tv since graduating. He has taught at Drama Centre, Central, ALRA, the Actors Centre as well as being a visiting tutor at CISPA in Copenhagen.
You will not need to bring any specific materials with you for this class.
You may however wish to bring a notepad and pen if you wish to take notes.
If no dates are showing then please sign up to our mailing list to find out about upcoming dates and new course developments.