English Plus Marketing and Communication (Summer)
English Plus Marketing and Communication combines English classes with an introduction to marketing, advertising and public relations.
Hours per week
- 15 hours of General English at the Language Centre
- 15 hours of marketing and communication at London College of Communication.
Why choose this course?
This extensive summer English Plus Marketing and Communication course combines English classes with an introduction to the UK's approach to marketing, advertising and public relations. You will learn through a series of lectures, talks, fun group discussions and exciting guided visits to places of interest.
This course will include:
- Essential marketing and communication principles and how they are employed within a business environment
- The history of advertising practice in the UK
- The UK advertising industry today: agencies, organisations and clients
- How to create a print advertisement and storyboard
- A visit to a central London advertising or marketing agency
- An introduction to public relations practice and the media in the UK
- How to write a press release
What is included?
- 15 hours of General English classes per week
- 15 hours of Marketing and Communication classes per week
- Regular tutorials and reviews
- Free Wi-Fi access across all UAL sites
- Independent study facilities
- Certificate of attendance from the Language Centre and London College of Communication
How many students in a class?
For English language classes, the average number of students in a class is 12 students and the maximum is 15.
For Marketing and Communication, the average number is 12 and the maximum is 16.
What is the minimum age?
Do I need to have experience in the subject I want to study?
No, this course is designed as an introduction to marketing and communication.
Level of English required?
Pre-intermediate or above.
Not sure? Check your language level.
Course dates and fees
Read about how to book and pay for your course
Phone: +44 (0)20 7514 2309
This English Plus Media course combines between 4 and 24 weeks of General or Academic English classes at UAL Language Centre with a media course at London College of Communication. Media courses include branding, social media, design, photography and film making.
Learn English Plus Ceramics in this 2-week introductory course combining English lessons with practical creative skills. Learn to make ceramic art and explore different techniques with pottery and clay.
Learn English Plus Fashion Styling and study current trends and collections in fashion styling, while creating your own look.
English Plus Graphic Design is an English course combined with a practical introduction to graphic design, illustration and typography.