English Plus Graphic Design (Summer)
English course combined with a practical introduction to design, illustration and typography.
I enjoyed this course very much because it is different. It does not use computers so you can try other techniques and I think it’s very creative. Irene, Spain
Hours per week
- 15 hours of General English at the Language Centre
- 15 hours of graphic design at Central Saint Martins
Why choose this programme?
This course is an introduction to how graphic design, illustration and typography are taught in the UK. It will help you to build confidence when researching new ideas through short projects and to enable you to present your designs, both verbally and in a 2-dimensional format.
You will learn English at UAL Language Centre, and study graphic design at Central Saint Martins.
This course will include:
- Use of drawing and colour materials in presenting design ideas
- Research skills - how to use the resources of London (shops, museums and galleries) as sources of inspiration
- Working from a brief - how to solve problems regarding text and image using design, illustration and typography
- Lectures on current graphic design and a visit to an exhibition/gallery to explore the relationship between design in the UK, Europe and the rest of the world.
Please note that computers are not used in this programme.
What is included?
- 15 hours of General English tuition per week
- 15 hours of graphic design classes
- Regular lectures, tutorials and reviews
- Free Wi-Fi across all UAL sites
- Independent study facilities
- Certificate of attendance from the Language Centre and Central Saint Martins.
Are materials included?
Some basic materials are included, but you are required to bring a sketchbook and a digital camera or smart phone (with a camera).
How many students in a class?
For English language classes, the average number of students in a class is 12 students and the maximum is 15.
For Graphic Design, the average is 14 and the maximum is 16.
What is the minimum age?
Do I need to have experience in the subject I want to study?
No, this course is designed as an introduction to graphic design.
Level of English required?
Pre-intermediate or above.
Not sure? Check your language level.
Date and fees
29 July 2019
How to book a course
Read about How to book and pay for your course.
Contact us at: email@example.com.
English Plus Marketing and Communication combines English classes with an introduction to marketing, advertising and public relations.
An intensive introduction to fashion design in the UK, which you can take alongside your English course.