English Plus Graphic Design (Summer)
English course combined with a practical introduction to graphic design, illustration and typography.
I enjoyed this course very much because it is different. It does not use computers so you can try other techniques and I think it’s very creative. Irene, Spain
Hours per week
- 15 hours of General English at the Language Centre
- 15 hours of graphic design at Central Saint Martins
Why choose this programme?
This course is an introduction to how graphic design, illustration and typography are taught in the UK. It will help you to build confidence when researching new ideas through short projects and to enable you to present your designs, both verbally and in a 2-dimensional format.
You will learn English at UAL Language Centre, and study graphic design at Central Saint Martins.
This course will include:
- Use of drawing and colour materials in presenting design ideas
- Research skills - how to use the resources of London (shops, museums and galleries) as sources of inspiration
- Working from a brief - how to solve problems regarding text and image using design, illustration and typography
- Lectures on current graphic design and a visit to an exhibition/gallery to explore the relationship between design in the UK, Europe and the rest of the world.
Please note that computers are not used in this programme.
What is included?
- 15 hours of General English tuition per week
- 15 hours of graphic design classes
- Regular lectures, tutorials and reviews
- Free Wi-Fi across all UAL sites
- Independent study facilities
- Certificate of attendance from the Language Centre and Central Saint Martins.
Are materials included?
Some basic materials are included, but you are required to bring a sketchbook and a digital camera or smart phone (with a camera).
How many students in a class?
For your English classes, the average number of students in a class is 12 and the maximum is 15.
For Graphic Design, the average is 12 and the maximum is 16.
What is the minimum age?
Do I need to have experience in the subject I want to study?
No, this course is designed as an introduction to graphic design.
Level of English required?
Pre-intermediate or above.
Not sure? Check your language level.
2019 date and fees
29 July 2019
Course fees 2019
2020 date and fees
27 July 2020
Course fees 2020
How to book a course
Read about how to book and pay for your course.
Phone: +44 (0) 207 514 2309
English Plus Graphic Design is starting soon on 29 July 2019 but you still have some time to book and secure your place.
Learn General English for 15 or 20 hours per week in our unique creative environment.
English Plus Marketing and Communication combines English classes with an introduction to marketing, advertising and public relations.
Combine between 4 and 24 weeks of General English or Academic English courses at UAL Language Centre with practical fashion lessons at London College of Fashion.