English Plus Fine Art (Summer)
Learn English and study Fine Art. Learn to research and create projects in drawing, painting, and design.
I improved my English and improved my artistic skills and I really enjoyed it. I would recommend this course to a lot of people. Theo, France
Hours per week
Why choose this programme?
The aims of this course are to introduce you to how fine art is taught in the UK, to build confidence when researching new ideas through three projects (drawing, painting and 3D work) and to enable you to present your work both visually and verbally.
The course will include:
- Use of drawing, paint and other materials in fine art
- Research skills - how to use the resources of London (museums and galleries) as sources of inspiration
- How to develop your own personal ideas and responses to projects
- Lectures on current fine art practice and a visit to a major exhibition or gallery such as the National Gallery to explore the relationship between fine art in the UK, Europe and the rest of the world.
What is included?
- 15 hours of General English tuition per week
- 15 hours of Fine Art classes per week
- Regular tutorials and reviews
- Free Wi-Fi access across all UAL sites
- Independent study facilities
- Certificate of attendance from the Language Centre and Central Saint Martins.
How many students in a class?
For English language classes, the average number of students in a class is 12 students and the maximum is 15.
For Fine Art, the average number is 14 students, and the maximum is 16.
What is the minimum age?
Do I need to have experience in the subject I want to study?
No, this course is designed as an introduction to fine art.
Level of English required?
Pre-intermediate or above.
For more information on English levels, see the Your Language Level page.
Dates and Fees
30 July 2018
Please contact us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
English classes combined with a practical introduction to design, illustration and typography.
Learn English and study Digital Graphic Design topics. Explore ideas across forms including digital illustration, typography and animation.
Study photography skills along with English, and learn how to capture city life on camera.