English Plus Fine Art (Summer)
On this English Plus Fine Art course, you will learn English at UAL Language Centre and study Fine Art at Central Saint Martins. Learn to research and create projects in drawing, painting, and design.
I improved my English and improved my artistic skills and I really enjoyed it. I would recommend this course to a lot of people. Theo, France
Hours per week
Why choose this course?
English Plus Fine Art aims to introduce you to how fine art is taught in the UK, to build confidence when researching new ideas through 3 projects (drawing, painting and 3D work) and to enable you to present your work both visually and verbally.
The course will include:
- Use of drawing, paint and other materials in fine art
- Research skills - how to use the resources of London (museums and galleries) as sources of inspiration
- How to develop your own personal ideas and responses to projects
- Lectures on current fine art practice and a visit to a major exhibition or gallery such as the National Gallery to explore the relationship between fine art in the UK, Europe and the rest of the world.
What is included?
- 15 hours of General English tuition per week
- 15 hours of Fine Art classes per week
- Regular tutorials and reviews
- Free Wi-Fi access across all UAL sites
- Independent study facilities
- Certificate of attendance from the Language Centre and Central Saint Martins.
How many students in a class?
For English language classes, the average number of students in a class is 12 students and the maximum is 15.
For Fine Art, the average number is 12 students and the maximum is 16.
What is the minimum age?
Do I need to have experience in the subject I want to study?
No, this course is designed as an introduction to fine art.
Level of English required?
Pre-intermediate or above.
Not sure? Check your language level.
2020 course date and fees
27 July 2020
Read about how to book and pay for your course.
Phone: +44 (0) 207 514 2309
English Plus Graphic Design is an English course combined with a practical introduction to graphic design, illustration and typography.
Study English Plus City Photography, which combines your English course with a photography course, where you will learn how to capture city life on camera.