English Plus Film Making (Summer)
Learn English Plus Film Making and learn about pre-production planning, creating storyboards, and shooting and editing your own film.
Hours per week
- 15 hours of General English at the Language Centre
- 15 hours of Film Making at London College of Communication.
Why choose this programme?
Take a 2-week English course at UAL Language Centre and learn introductory film making at London College of Communication on this combined course. As well as improving your English, you will gain film making skills including theory and practice, pre-production planning, making shot lists, creating storyboards, and how to do location shoots.
The course will include:
- Current trends and equipment used in film making
- Lighting and audio recording techniques
- Pre-production and planning
- On-site and location filming
- Video editing and delivery
- Filming using your camera, mobile phone or other digital device
What is included?
- 15 hours of General English classes per week, Monday to Friday and 15 hours of Film Making classes per week for two weeks
- Gallery or exhibition visit
- Some materials for the Film Making part of the course
- Tutorials and reviews
- Free Wi-Fi access across all UAL sites
- Independent study facilities
- Certificate of attendance from the Language Centre and London College of Communication
How many students in a class?
For English language classes, the average number of students in a class is 12 students and the maximum is 15.
For Film Making, the average number is 14 students, and the maximum is 16.
What is the minimum age?
Do I need to have experience in the subject I want to study?
No, this course is designed as an introduction to film making.
Level of English required?
Pre-intermediate or above.
Not sure? Check your language level.
Date and fees
29 July 2019
Read about how to book and pay for your course.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
English course combined with a practical introduction to design, illustration and typography.
Combine between 4 and 24 weeks of General or Academic English classes at UAL Language Centre with a media course at London College of Communication. Media courses include branding, social media, design, photography and film making.
Study photography along with your English course in London, and learn how to capture city life on camera.