English Plus Film Making (Summer)
Learn English Plus Film Making and learn about pre-production planning, creating storyboards, and shooting and editing your own film.
Because UAL has so many kinds of classes, such as filming, design, art, fashion and there are so many highly-motivated students, it’s a good place to learn - not only English, but everything. Moto, Japan
Hours per week
- 15 hours of General English at the Language Centre
- 15 hours of Film Making at London College of Communication.
Why choose this programme?
Take a 2-week English course at UAL Language Centre and learn introductory film making at London College of Communication on this combined course. As well as improving your English, you will gain film making skills including theory and practice, pre-production planning, making shot lists, creating storyboards, and how to do location shoots.
The course will include:
- Current trends and equipment used in film making
- Lighting and audio recording techniques
- Pre-production and planning
- On-site and location filming
- Video editing and delivery
- Filming using your camera, mobile phone or other digital device
What is included?
- 15 hours of General English classes per week, Monday to Friday and 15 hours of Film Making classes per week for two weeks
- Gallery or exhibition visit
- Some materials for the Film Making part of the course
- Tutorials and reviews
- Free Wi-Fi access across all UAL sites
- Independent study facilities
- Certificate of attendance from the Language Centre and London College of Communication
How many students in a class?
For English language classes, the average number of students in a class is 12 students and the maximum is 15.
For Film Making, the average number is 12 students, and the maximum is 16.
What is the minimum age?
Do I need to have experience in the subject I want to study?
No, this course is designed as an introduction to film making.
Level of English required?
Pre-intermediate or above.
Not sure? Check your language level.
2019 date and fees
29 July 2019
Read about how to book and pay for your course
2020 date and fees
27 July 2020
Course fees 2020
Read about how to book and pay for your course.
Phone: +44 (0) 207 514 2309
English Plus Film Making is starting soon on 29 July 2019.
Book now to ensure you get a place on this 2-week intensive course.
Learn General English for 15 or 20 hours per week in our unique creative environment.
English course combined with a practical introduction to graphic design, illustration and typography.
Learn English and study Ceramics in this new 2-week introductory course. Learn to create ceramic art and explore different techniques with clay.
Combine between 4 and 24 weeks of General or Academic English classes at UAL Language Centre with a media course at London College of Communication. Media courses include branding, social media, design, photography and film making.
Learn English and study current trends and collections in fashion styling, while creating your own look.