English Plus Fashion Design (Summer)
An intensive introduction to fashion design in the UK, which you can take alongside your English classes.
What I like about this course is that you can see how your thoughts become real. One thing is studying and one thing is working, and here we are actually working on what we like. Cristina, Spain
Hours per week
- 15 hours of General English at the Language Centre
- 15 hours of fashion design at Central Saint Martins
Why choose this programme?
The aims of this course are to introduce you to how fashion is taught in the UK, to build your confidence when researching new ideas through short projects and to enable you to present your designs both verbally and in a two-dimensional format.
The course will include:
- Use of drawing and colour materials in presenting design ideas
- Research skills - how to use the resources of London (shops, museums and galleries) as sources of inspiration
- Illustration skills and drawing from a clothed model
- Lectures on current fashion design and a visit to a major fashion exhibition or gallery, such as the Victoria and Albert Museum, to explore the relationship between design in the UK, Europe and the rest of the world.
What is included?
- 15 hours of General English tuition per week
- 15 hours of fashion design classes
- Regular tutorials and reviews
- Free Wi-Fi access across all UAL sites
- Independent study facilities
- Certificate of attendance from the Language Centre and Central Saint Martins.
How many students in a class?
For English language classes, the average number of students in a class is 12 students and the maximum is 15.
For Fashion Design, the average number is 14 students, and the maximum is 16.
What is the minimum age?
Do I need to have experience in the subject I want to study?
No, this course is designed as an introduction to fashion design.
Level of English required?
Pre-intermediate or above.
For more information on English levels, see the Your Language Level page.
Dates and Fees
30 July 2018
Please contact us by emailing: email@example.com.
Study photography skills along with English, and learn how to capture city life on camera.
Learn English and study Fine Art. Learn to research and create projects in drawing, painting, and design.
Combine between four and 24 weeks of General or Academic English with practical art and design lessons at Chelsea College of Arts.