English Plus Fashion Design (Summer)
An introduction to fashion design in the UK, which you can take alongside your English course.
What I like about this course is that you can see how your thoughts become real. One thing is studying and one thing is working, and here we are actually working on what we like. Cristina, Spain
Hours per week
- 15 hours of General English at the Language Centre
- 15 hours of fashion design at Central Saint Martins
Why choose English Plus Fashion Design?
This English Plus Fashion Design course aims to introduce you to how fashion design is taught in the UK, build your confidence when researching new ideas through doing short projects in drawing and illustration and enable you to present your designs both verbally and in a two-dimensional format.
The course will include:
- Use of drawing and colour materials in presenting design ideas
- Research skills - how to use the resources of London (shops, museums and galleries) as sources of inspiration
- Illustration skills and drawing from a clothed model
- Lectures on current fashion design and a visit to a major fashion exhibition or gallery, such as the Victoria and Albert Museum, to explore the relationship between design in the UK, Europe and the rest of the world.
What is included?
- 15 hours of General English tuition per week
- 15 hours of fashion design classes
- Regular tutorials and reviews
- Free Wi-Fi access across all UAL sites
- Independent study facilities
- Certificate of attendance from the Language Centre and Central Saint Martins.
How many students in a class?
For English language classes, the average number of students in a class is 12 students and the maximum is 15.
For Fashion Design, the average number is 12 students, and the maximum is 16.
What is the minimum age?
Do I need to have experience in the subject I want to study?
No, this course is designed as an introduction to fashion design.
Level of English required?
Pre-intermediate or above.
For more information on English levels, see the Your Language Level page.
2020 course date and fees
27 July 2020
Course fees 2020
Read about how to book and pay for your course.
Phone: +44 (0) 207 514 2309
Our 2019 summer English Plus Fashion Design course has started, but you can book onto the course for summer 2020.
Study English Plus City Photography, which combines your English course with a photography course, where you will learn how to capture city life on camera.
On this English Plus Fine Art course, you will learn English at UAL Language Centre and study Fine Art at Central Saint Martins. Learn to research and create projects in drawing, painting, and design.
Combine between 4 and 24 weeks of General or Academic English courses at UAL Language Centre with practical art and design lessons at Chelsea College of Arts.