English Plus City Photography (Summer)
Study photography skills along with English, and learn how to capture city life on camera.
Hours per week
- 15 hours of General English at the Language Centre
- 15 hours of City Photography at London College of Communication.
Why choose this programme?
This course will take you out and about all over London with your camera. You will be taught the history and context for street photography as well as technical tips and tricks.
By the end of the course you will know what makes some photos so exceptional.
This course will include:
- Candid images using hidden or unobtrusive cameras
- Abstract images - images from the environment, its surfaces, textures and colours
- Photo essays and portrait techniques, taking pictures of people to tell a story
- Adjusting pictures in Photoshop such as retouching and creating a distinctive style
- Editing and presenting images efficiently and effectively to present your work.
What is included?
- 15 hours of General English tuition per week
- 15 hours of City Photography per week
- Regular tutorials and reviews
- Free Wi-Fi access across all UAL sites
- Independent study facilities
- Certificate of attendance from the Language Centre and London College of Communication.
Are materials included?
Basic materials will be provided but you are expected to bring your own camera (compact or DSLR) and smart phone.
How many students in a class?
For English language classes, the average number of students in a class is 12 students and the maximum is 15.
For city photography, the average is 12 students, and the maximum is 16.
What is the minimum age?
Level of English required
Pre-intermediate. For more information on English levels, see the Your Language Level page.
Do I need to have experience in the subject I want to study?
No, this course is designed as an introduction to the subject.
Dates and Fees
- 16 July 2018
- 13 August 2018
Please contact us by emailing: email@example.com.
Learn English and study Fine Art. Learn to research and create projects in drawing, painting, and design.
Combine between 4 and 24 weeks of General English or Academic English classes with practical fashion lessons at London College of Fashion.
Learn General English for 15 or 20 hours per week in our unique creative environment.