English Plus Ceramics (Summer)
Learn English and study Ceramics in this new 2-week introductory course. Learn to create ceramic art and explore different techniques with clay.
Hours per week
- 15 hours of General English at the Language Centre
- 15 hours of Ceramics at Camberwell College of Arts
Why choose this programme?
During this 2-week intensive English Plus Ceramics course, you will learn English and learn to make ceramic art, exploring different techniques and building up your skills. This hands-on course is a great opportunity to experiment in the ceramics workshop, and create different types of pieces using clay and glazes.
This hands-on introductory ceramics course will introduce you to different techniques in ceramics, and the creative possibilities of using clay: from hand building, coiling, slab building, press moulding, surface decoration, using slips and oxides and how to apply glazes.
The course will include:
- How to use different tools for creating ceramics pieces
- Hand-making processes
- Surface decoration
- Application of glazes
What is included?
- 15 hours of General English tuition per week
- 15 hours of Ceramics classes per week
- Regular tutorials and reviews
- Some materials for the Ceramics part of your course
- Free Wi-Fi access across all UAL sites
- Independent study facilities
- Certificate of attendance from the Language Centre and Chelsea College of Arts.
How many students in a class?
For English language classes, the average number of students in a class is 12 students and the maximum is 15.
For Ceramics, the maximum is 10 students.
What is the minimum age?
Do I need to have experience in the subject I want to study?
No, this course is designed as an introduction to ceramics.
Level of English required?
Pre-intermediate or above.
Not sure? Check your language level.
Date and fees
29 July 2019
Please contact us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn General English for 15 or 20 hours per week in our unique creative environment.
Learn English and study current trends and collections in fashion styling, while creating your own look.
Study photography along with your English course in London, and learn how to capture city life on camera.