English Plus Art, Architecture and Interior Design (Summer)
Learn English and study Art, Architecture and Interior Design. Learn how artists and designers have referenced London’s buildings, interiors and treasures and how to undertake your own research.
Hours per week
- 15 hours of General English at the Language Centre
- 15 hours of Art, Architecture and Interior Design at Chelsea College of Arts.
Why choose this programme?
Learn English Plus Art, Architecture and Interior Design and get a four-week introduction to the history and background of this fascinating subject. You will get the chance to create your own visual diary and use this knowledge and research to understand the place that art, architecture and design hold within the history of British design.
During the Art, Architecture and Interior Design classes, you will be introduced to the history of art, architecture and interior design in London through an examination of great buildings, important interiors and unique treasures. Through visits and lectures, you will learn how artists and designers have used and referenced historical periods and styles from the 16th Century to the modern day.
The course will include:
- Visits to museums, galleries and historic buildings
- Group discussions
- Photography and sketching
- How to produce an annotated visual project
What is included?
- 15 hours of General English tuition per week
- 15 hours of Art, Architecture and Interior Design classes per week
- Regular tutorials and reviews
- Free Wi-Fi access across all UAL sites
- Independent study facilities
- Certificate of attendance from the Language Centre and Chelsea College of Arts
How many students in a class?
For English language classes, the average number of students in a class is 12 students and the maximum is 15.
For Art, Architecture and Interior Design, the average number is 14 students, and the maximum is 16.
What is the minimum age?
Do I need to have experience in the subject I want to study?
No, this course is designed as an introduction to Art, Architecture and Interior Design.
Level of English required?
Pre-intermediate or above.
Not sure? Check Your Language Level
Dates and fees
29 July 2019
Please contact us by emailing: email@example.com.
English classes combined with a practical introduction to design, illustration and typography.
Learn General English for 15 or 20 hours per week in our unique creative environment.
Study photography skills along with English, and learn how to capture city life on camera.