Journalism (16 - 18 Year Olds)
This short course will introduce you to the exciting world of journalism and give you a rewarding insight into how to create content across media platforms. Working closely with social media and online blogging tools, you will learn about a range of roles and functions within the modern digital landscape. You will have expert lectures and get the chance to gain a real understanding of the many paths open to contemporary content creators. This is a really practical course that will teach you many skills required to apply for a job or a university degree in journalism.
- The media landscape
- Print vs. Online
- Journalism basics
- Writing news, reviews and features
- Interviewing techniques
- Producing web-ready content
- Blogging platforms
- Social media
- Data and analytics
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of journalism
- Develop research, writing and publishing skills appropriate to digital content
- Present your journalism development and outcomes
- Apply for further study with an advanced knowledge of the media industry
Who should attend
This course is perfect for you if you are thinking about further study, a career or apprenticeship in journalism.You should have an interest in the subject area and a desire to learn. No previous experience is required.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.