Sourcing just the right image for your project or selling your own images through libraries and agencies can involve many legal issues.
During this one day intensive course, you will learn to navigate these issues, about the role of the picture researcher, and about the work of the British Association of Picture Libraries and Agencies (BAPLA) and the Picture Research Association (PRA).
- Role of the picture researcher
- The importance of visuals
- Terms and conditions of image use
- Copyright law
- Image authenticity
- Picture sources
- Reproduction fees
- Model releases
- Administration and record keeping
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Negotiate and clear rights with confidence
- Understand legal issues and terms and conditions of use
- Develop and apply your own system of administration and record keeping
Who Should Attend
Anyone sourcing or supplying images through libraries or agencies for any kind of publication.
Follow Up Courses
After you have completed this course you may want to try Media Law: Keep It Legal.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.