Practical Event Management for PR
Event management is an important part of many PR practitioner roles, and there are opportunities to maximise exposure through every stage. This course will take you through the whole process from planning and organisation to event publicity and post event communications. By the end of the course you will feel confident aboutorganising an impactful and successful event.
- Setting event aims and objective
- The event checklist and dossiers
- The events team - who needs to be involved and informed
- Choosing the right venue - what needs to be considered
- Managing budgets
- Liaising with contractors - AV, staging, music
- Choosing the right catering
- Briefing and choosing speakers
- Planning the event programme
- Inviting and briefing delegates
- The event run-through
- Managing the event on the day
- Briefing staff
- Trouble shooting
- Avoiding common pitfalls
- Post event activities
- Monitoring and evaluation.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Organise and plan an event effectively
- Produce a detailed event plan and running order
- Promote an event online and offline
- Ensure the event runs smoothly on the day
- Keep to budget and timescale
- Suggest the right sort of event to clients or colleagues
Who Should Attend
PR practitioners who are starting to organise events as part of their PR role and want to know more about practical event management.
Beginner. You do not need any prior experience.
Follow Up Courses
After you have completed this course you may want to learn more aboutevents and writing for PR on Practical Writing for PR or Creating Original and Effective Live Events, or you might want try one of our digital marketing Courses such as Digital Marketing Strategy
We also offer bespoke PR courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page.
Ruth Butah is an Associate Lecturer on the Communications and Media programme at London College of Communication, teaching on first and second year undergraduate courses in Public Relations and Media Communications.
Ruth is passionate about education and brings her industry experience to the courses at LCC. She's worked with some of the biggest names in fashion including Puma, adidas, Barbour, Chopard and Juicy Couture.
At Dolce and Gabbana Ruth held the role of celebrity endorsements and PR Manager.
Most recently she has been providing her PR and marketing communication experience to a luxury boutique hotel chain in London.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.