Social and Data Journalism
This engaging, informative course will teach you the basics of social and data journalism, two of the fastest growing and most dynamic areas of contemporary media. Experienced professionals will guide and support you to produce compelling pieces using the latest tools and techniques.
- Fundamentals of data journalism
- Identifying and collecting data
- Finding stories in data
- Telling stories in different media
- The use of social media for journalistic research and storytelling
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Use data sources to identify and research stories
- Create data-based journalism in a range of media
- Use social media to research, tell and promote journalistic stories
Who should attend
This course is ideal for you if you are interested in pursuing a career in data and social journalism or a related field. It will also be relevant if you are a journalist wishing to develop expertise in these fields.
Beginner. You do not need any prior experience.
Follow On Courses