Media Law - Keep it Legal
Posting anything online is considered publishing, so whether you are a professional journalist or an avid social media reporter, you need to know your liability under UK media law.
This one-day intensive course will examine the fundamental principles of relevant UK legislation and teach you to get the interesting content you need whilst staying above the law. You will discuss the way, the law works in the ever-changing contemporary media and publishing industry and how it seeks toachievea balance between the rights of individuals and the interests of the media.
- Legal framework of the media industry
- Rights of individuals versus the interests of the media
- Contempt of Court
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the law as it applies to any form of publication in the UK
- Recognise situations where the law restricts or may otherwise have a bearing on what you intend to publish and act accordingly
- Know the latest legislation and practice
Who Should Attend
Writers, journalists, bloggers and anyone publishing online or in print media.
We also offer bespoke journalism and media law courses courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.