Feature Writing for Journalists
Feature writing is not just about covering a story; it’s about tapping into reader’s interests and keeping them hooked. On this course you will explore feature writing for journalists; finding out what interests the reader and how to maintain their interest. It will give you confidence in feature writing and assist you finding work in the increasingly competitive world of journalism.
- Differences between news and features
- How to come up with an idea for a feature
- Feature research and writing
- How to develop and retain contacts
- How to get the most from an interview
- Legal issues
- Selling your feature
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of effective feature writing for journalism
- Identify, research, and sell your feature stories
- Identify and write a good feature that interests the reader
Who Should Attend
Journalists and writers looking to enhance their writing skills.
"The course was conducted in a relaxed and unintjmidating way. There was no pressure or haste with plenty of space for discussion. The atmosphere was inclusive and intimate."
We also offer bespoke journalism courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.