Effective Writing for Journalists
Journalism is not just about events and stories, but how they’re told. Whether you are interested in covering politics, fashion, or local news, effective writing skills are essential.
From writing the perfect headline to successful use of grammar, this course will sharpen your writing ability in order to help you seek work in the competitive world of journalism
- Effective introduction writing
- Identifying and avoiding clichés
- The role of the sub-editor
- De-cluttering your writing style
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding effective writing for journalism
- Write a good headline
- Have the confidence to develop your own writing style
- Effectively and efficiently communicate a story
Who Should Attend
Journalists and writers looking to enhance their writing skills.
We also offer bespoke journalism courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page.
After 37 years working in local newspapers, ending up as editor of four titles, I became an associate lecturer at LCC in January, 2012, teaching InDesign, effective writing and subbing for first year BA journalism students.
I hold a professional qualification in journalism and fashion writing.