Effective Writing for Journalists
Journalism is not just about events and stories, but how they’re told. Whether you are interested in covering politics, fashion, or local news, effective writing skills are essential.
From writing the perfect headline to successful use of grammar, this course will sharpen your writing ability in order to help you seek work in the competitive world of journalism
- Effective introduction writing
- Identifying and avoiding clichés
- The role of the sub-editor
- De-cluttering your writing style
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding effective writing for journalism
- Write a good headline
- Have the confidence to develop your own writing style
- Effectively and efficiently communicate a story
Who Should Attend
Journalists and writers looking to enhance their writing skills.
Follow Up Courses
After you have completed this course you may want to go on and develop your skills with Digital Journalism.
We also offer bespoke journalism courses for groups, individuals and businesses. To find out more, visit our Customised Training page.
This course will be taught by a respected industry expert.