Art Direction for Advertising Online Short Course
This short course will introduce you to the craft of art direction for advertising. Through a series of practical, engaging exercises, you will learn the best way to communicate your ideas and put your imagination down on paper.
Taught by an expert tutor with tons of experience, it is a day of learning visual communication, with quick exercises designed to open your thinking on how to present an idea.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of art direction
- Respond to a brief with confidence
- Make your ideas stand out
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online short course materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Chrome)
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended. The built-in microphone in your device would also be fine)
- Strong Internet connection - we recommend a minimum of 2 Mbps download, and 1 Mbps upload, faster if possible. You can test your network speed here - https://www.speedtest.net
Please bring for the first session:
- notebook and pen
- Visualising skills
- Storyboarding a script
- Working with illustrators and photographers
- Layout and logo placement
Meet the Tutor:
During this online Art Direction for Advertising Short Course we will introduce you to the craft of communicating your ideas and putting your imagination down on paper.