A broad look at the different aspects involved in illustrating a comic. Through a series of workshops we will be exploring how to breakdown and draw from a script, page layout, timing and sequences, character generation, composition and body language. The course will also include a small amount of life drawing and will look at different genres, influential comics and creators. The course will be a good introduction for those who have an interest in creating comics.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Vincent Woodcock learned animation from Richard Williams and Art Babbitt, co-directed Disney's "Duck Tales The Movie", sequence-directed on "The Tigger Movie", and was an animator and character-designer on "Space Jam". His idents and promo's for Cartoon Network have won Promax awards, and he has designed characters for many theatrical and TV animated productions. His cartoons and illustrations have appeared in magazines such as Time Out and Fortean Times, and he is the author and illustrator of "How To Draw And Paint Crazy Cartoon Characters". He is currently working on his own graphic novel.
More of Vincent's work can be viewed on his Facebook and Instagram pages.
Please bring with you to the first session:
- HB, B or 2B pencils (not mechanical pencils).
- Light blue pencils (preferably Faber-Castell "Col-Erase" light blue).
- A4 photocopy paper (one pack of 500 sheets will last the whole course).
- A pencil sharpener (preferably one that holds the shavings).
- A number 2 or 3 size sable brush (Windsor & Newton Series 7 are best).
- Dip-pen drawing nib(s) with holder.
- Black waterproof ink (Higgins "Black Magic" is suitable).
- A 12 inch t-square.
- An eraser.
- A putty/kneadable eraser.
- An assortment of pens suitable for drawing (black ink only)
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.