Digital Illustration (Online Short Course)
This practical and inspiring six week course on Digital Illustration provides an overview to wide variety of digital illustration techniques. You will learn the basics of digital illustration and explore different techniques including digital painting, drawing, and even short animation. You will explore the work of successful illustrators and practitioners from around the world, and you will receive advice from industry experts on how best to approach the discipline and its career paths, trends and opportunities.
Each week you’ll be given assignments which we will review during the following class.
- Vector illustration tricks and techniques
- Pattern making
- Isometric illustration
- 3D illustration in Adobe Illustrator
- Hand-drawn digital illustration
- Using a Wacom Tablet
- Drawing effects: textures and colours
- Photography & illustration: collage making
- GIF animation
- Illustration for screens: suitability, use and preparation
- Advice from industry experts
- Digital work exploration
By the end of the course you will
- Have a good understanding of the various techniques used in digital illustration
- Gain valuable experience using your Wacom tablet
- Be able to apply your learning in different contexts such as vector and isometric illustration, illustrating for the screen, hand-drawing and effects as well as basic animation techniques using GIF.
Who is Digital Illustration (online) for
This course is perfect for you if you are looking for basic knowledge that covers a lot of different topics and techniques, however we won’t be touching on too much in-depth knowledge. If you are looking for an introduction to digital illustration techniques in order to find the right path for you, this is the right course!
Why choose a CSM Online Course
Our online learning short courses allow you to experience Central Saint Martins wherever you are in the world. Additionally all CSM Online Short Courses include:
- Live sessions with expert
- Lesson recordings
- Practical assignments
- Personal feedback
- VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 3 months online access
- CSM Certificate upon completion
Visit Frequently Asked Questions for further details about preparing for your online course, including any equipment you need.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To compare times, please check World Time Buddy.
Please note: This course is for students aged 18 and older
Please note that Online courses are closed to all new bookings 48 hours prior to the course starting.
Tina Touli is a Graphic Communication Designer & Illustrator, Maker, Speaker and Educator. Since 2010 she has been working for various studios and brands, such as Adobe, Tate Modern, L'Oreal Professionnel Paris and Waitrose.
Her work has been presented at events like the Adobe Graphic Design Live Stream at OFFF in Barcelona, the Adobe Live Stream in Paris, the Sunhoo “Be our guest” in China and the Greek Graphic Designers Association. She has received awards from associations including Adobe, L'Oreal Professionnel Paris, Hewlett Packard and the European Packaging Design Association.
She has exhibited at Art Bermondsey Gallery, Beijing Design Week, Arcane Gallery and more. In addition, her artwork has been published in various publications, such as the "Creative Packaging Structures" book by SendPoints Publiching and the “Playful Graphics” publication by Sandu Publishing.
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
Course Specific Materials
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Tablet: Wacom tablet (Bamboo or Intuos is fine) or iPad OR you can choose not to use a tablet during this course as well
If no dates are showing then please Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.