Handbags - Fashion Drawing and Illustration Online Short Course
This practical course will show you how to learn to draw and render handbags. You will learn to sketch and effortlessly put your designs onto a paper. You will learn how to draw variety of handbags from different angles. The course will explore different techniques of using double sided art markers and colour pencils for successful marker rendering.
This course is suitable for absolute beginners and more experienced designers who would like to improve their existing skills.
By the end of the course you will have
- Develop the skills to draw and render handbags with confidence and effectively communicate and present your design ideas
- Practiced and mastered a range of drawing and rendering techniques
- Produced a body of work that can contribute to a fashion or illustration portfolio
- Received personal feedback on your designs and progress from your tutor
Who Should Attend
This course will be excellent for seeking professional techniques from an industry expert for drawing and communicating handbag illustrations. You may be an aspiring fashion designer, illustrator, prospective fashion student, or simply looking to develop your drawing and illustration techniques for your own enjoyment.
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Further details about preparing for your online course, and the equipment you need, can be found here.
Please note that all courses are taught in UK time. To check and compare times please click here.
Online Short Course Materials
To take part in the Online sessions you will need:
- An up-to-date web browser (we recommend Firefox or Chrome)
- The latest version of Java installed on your device
- Microphone and headphones (a headset with a microphone function is recommended)
- Strong Internet connection via WiFi or ethernet; 2G, 3G or 4G will not be sufficient
Course Specific Materials
- Paper and pen to take notes during live sessions
- Free hand handbag drawing
- Different silhouettes
- Drawing bags from different angles
- Basic shading techniques
- Highlighting with markers
- Full colour marker rendering
- Rendering leather, patent leather, suede, canvas etc.
- Drawing details
Meet the Tutor:
This practical online short course will develop your drawing and illustration skills for handbags. You will learn to sketch a variety of handbags from different angles. You will explore different techniques for successful rendering.